Let's get into a few odds and ends from throughout the episode before I talk about the dates and each girl individually. First things first, the girls who continuously say that Ben is the "best Bachelor ever" and "the perfect Bachelor" are lunatics. We're a week into the game, ladies. Thats like saying Tom Brady was the best football player in history after his first season. Can Ben be the best ever? Maybe. Is he on the right track to be the best ever? Not even close. Having a girl reject a rose from you most certainly doesn't help your case, I'll tell ya that for free.
Another thing that didn't make sense to me was how upset the second set of girls got that Olivia was given the first rose. I don't care what you open up about at the cocktail party, if you think you should've gotten the rose instead of the girl who had the highest compatibility score, essentially winning the group date, you are out of your mind. It's an unwritten rule, if you win a group date, you get the date rose. Unless you wore a giant rose on your head to meet Ben. Then you're screwed either way.
Oh, and I must warn you all, take anything I say about Emily and Haley with a grain of salt. I literally have no idea who I'm looking at when they're on the screen. Unless ABC puts their names at the bottom. Which should be every time and not just once an episode.
High School Date
I actually liked the idea of bringing some of the girls back to high school and making them go through the educational ringer. For some reason I feel like some of these girls' strong suit isn't thee ole brain of theirs and I'd say intelligence is one of the more important aspects of a girl when you're thinking about marriage. Just wish the twins had been a part of this one. That amount of blonde woulda been a real treat for all of us.
"One of the most attractive things about this date to me is that I'm seeing these women really put themselves out there". Ya, I'm sure that's it, Ben. Definitely isn't the fact that you're watching a bunch of smokes pass apples to one another using their mouths...
The most mind boggling part of the whole date was when each team had to place Indiana on an outline of the US. If you're gonna tell me you're on the show for the right reasons at least do a little research beforehand and know where Ben's home state is located. I feel like that's the first thing I'm looking up about Ben after ABC calls me and tells me I'm coming on the show. And I'm not saying they should know exactly where Indiana is placed on the map, but let's be honest here. I'm willing to bet the majority of us wouldn't be able to place Indiana perfectly (myself included), but if you're from the states there is no excuse for thinking it sits horizontally by the east coast. Looking at you Becca and JoJo...
I had early money on Lace and Jubilee as the team to beat, but then they tried to high-five and I immediately regretted my decision.
Oh, and if you had Mandi beating Amber in the hurdle race you're a god damn liar. Nobody saw that coming.
One on One With Caila
I'm not a big fan of the one on one dates where they bring in celebrities to tag along. It's as simple as that. It just ends up being all about the celebrities and in this one there wasn't much going on. As for the dinner portion of the date, it's wild hearing how unconfident Ben is in regards to finding love. Like he actually thinks every girl will get to know him and send herself home. Crazy stuff.
Ben obviously had a good time with Caila throughout the whole date, but I feel like he would have had a great time regardless of what girl he brought. Just seemed like Ben enjoyed this date more so because of the activities than because of his company.
Love Lab Date
Once we got past the robot thing (kinda weird), I loved everything about how Dr. Love ran the testing. If I didn't know any better, I'd think ABC told him to put the girls through any test he wanted just as long as the girls were at each other's throats by the end of the day. Putting each girl on a bed in underwear with Ben while the rest of them watched certainly did the trick.
As for the whole science thing, I'm not sure I believe you can tell if someone is you're actual love match by running them through a bunch of tests. So, I'm looking at this one as more of a date that cant't help you, but can definitely hurt you (Looking at you and your 2.42 point score, Samantha)
Looks like we're getting a good look at the true Olivia. And it's kinda scaring me. I'll give it to her, she was the most compatible with Ben, but she sure is turning crazier and crazier by the minute.
Rose Ceremony Cocktail Party
In the eyes of literally everyone except Ben, Olivia had a tough go this week. Not gonna lie though, I completely agreed with her logic at the cocktail party. Just because you get a rose earlier in the week doesn't mean you should just sit back and watch as the other girls make their case to Ben. No one ever won this game by sitting on the couch sipping cocktails alone. Having said that, the way she talks to the other girls is going to get her punched in the face. Pretty surprised Lace didn't do the honors while they were talking one on one, to be honest.
Speaking of Lace, I found it pretty ironic how she was the one to get most upset at Olivia for spending too much time with Ben. How quickly she forgets the cocktail party after her group date. Then again, I guess I shouldn't expect her to remember how much time she spent with Ben considering she was hammered drunk the whole party...
Amanda - ROSE
Listen, I'm a big fan of Amanda, but holy emotional. One second she's got a smile ear to ear and the next she's balling her eyes out saying she doesn't know if she can continue being on the show. Your talk with Ben about having kids legit couldn't have gone any better. No reason to lose it when you don't get the group date rose. Relllaaax.
Just a wily vet. Never really does anything, but somehow still manages to get the job done week in and week out. Can't imagine she'll be snaking too many more roses though with how little time Ben has been giving her. And honestly, I'm hoping that happens sooner rather than later because I'm not sure I can handle any more cocktail parties where she just sits on the couch and bitches about not getting time with Ben instead of walking over to him and asking to talk with him alone.
Becca - ROSE
I was definitely dogging Becca after her geography debacle, but holy shit can the girl shoot a basketball. I'm so confused by her. She's gorgeous, athletic, and the farthest thing from socially awkward. Just an all around cool girl, so it's confusing why she's 26 and still single. Need to know what's wrong with her, because there's gotta be something. And no, I'm not accepting its because she's a virgin.
Caila - DATE ROSE
I wasn't overly impressed with Caila. Yes, she did fine and made an impression on Ben, but at the same time, a girl's gotta work pretty hard to mess up a date where you spend a day with Ice Cube and Kevin Hart and then go to a private concert performed by Ben's favorite artist. Not to say she isn't in the discussion as being a front-runner, I'm just not sold on her yet.
Emily - ROSE
Emily is officially Twin #2. She's gonna have to do something soon to out-do her sister because I don't see Ben keeping both twins around for too much longer.
Haley - ROSE
"...like, what happens if you're not a perfect match with Ben? Is he gonna send you home?"
Ahh, ya. Kinda pointless to keep you around if science is saying you'll never work out, no? I'll give her credit though, she at least took initiative at her group's cocktail party and asked Ben to spend time with her.
The whole apple bobbing debacle sure didn't help her cause. I think Lauren H spoke for Ben when she said, "Jackie is not great with her mouth... unfortunately".
Jami - ROSE
Don't really understand how she got a rose this week. She literally didn't talk to Ben once.
Jennifer - ROSE
This girl is awesome. So quiet and cute, but so confident with herself at the same time. If you're going to be quiet and not overly outgoing on this show, you have to be confident and Jennifer's confidence is far outweighing her quietness. You'd be a fool to think she'll be going home anytime soon.
JoJo - ROSE
"If you had a list, he checks off every single list". Oh, ok? This girl's in for a rude awakening once she realizes there's more to learn about Ben than what she's gathered from Instagram stalking him over the past 6 months prior to coming on the show. But then again, maybe she won't learn anything else considering she just likes to sit at the cocktail parties bitching and moaning about not getting any time with Ben.
Jubilee - ROSE
A good move opening up like she did. Obviously a big deal telling anyone about how you were adopted and grew up in an orphanage. And no, it wasn't a sympathy play as she wasn't on the chopping block.
Lace - ROSE
Listen, hunny. You can tell us how you're not crazy as much as you want, but when it's week 2 and you're dropping lines like "...I finally get a chance to get a rose, and get the ring" no one is going to believe you. At least wait until week 5 to start talking about the ring. Then again, she may not make it to week 5 if she doesn't stop suffocating Ben at every cocktail party. She's legit gonna talk herself right off the show with the amount of word vomit she's got going.
She's obviously got someone back home that she's not ready to give up on, so good for her for pulling herself from the competition. I mean, the "yayyy, I'm so excited, get me the hell out of here" face after she was called to go on a date was a dead giveaway that she wasn't all in on Ben...
Lauren B - ROSE
Not much face time this week, but Ben giving her a picture of the first time they met makes me think she's a front-runner. And it doesn't hurt that she's one of the most attractive girls on the show, with or without makeup. Hopefully we'll see more of her next week.
Lauren H - ROSE
The face Lauren H made after hearing they'd be going to school for their date, makes me really want to see what her report card looked like in high school...
Leah - ROSE
Not much face time this week, but I feel like she's safe for now. I'd be much more worried if I were one of the girls who went on one of the dates and hardly got any attention from Ben. Not the best situation for Leah, as she stated when she told him she thought he had forgotten about her, but he seems to be interested in her enough to keep her around for a bit.
It's not every episode you watch a girl win a group date outright and then get sent home at the rose ceremony. Figured her performance would buy her at least one more week of Ben time.
Olivia - GROUP DATE ROSE
Full disclosure, I didn't recognize Olivia when I saw her at the beginning of the episode. Just a completely different girl without makeup.
Getting the first rose of the season can sometimes be the kiss of death and I'm afraid that's what's happening here. She is just so overly confident now. Gotta respect the game if you're gonna win it and acting as if you're the only girl on the show is not respecting the game. And yes, Haley was spot on. It is most definitely Olivia vs. the rest of the house.
Rachel - ROSE
Another girl with no face time this week. I guess shouting out, "You look niiice", as Ben walked into the final cocktail party really made an impression on the big man.
A 2/10 on the compatibility test is gonna get you kicked off the show 100 out of 100 times. That's not me talking, thats science. Numbers never lie. And neither does the fact that you have a sour smell. That's something you'll never come back from.
Shushanna - ROSE
"I think chemistry it's number one thing between relationship". I mean ya, you aren't wrong, but you definitely aren't right. I feel like speaking the same language might be kind of important too...









No comments:
Post a Comment